Prominent Downtown Havana Basilica Today a Concert Hall
This had been the most bustling parish in downtown Havana. It was Franciscan. Located in a great part of Old Town, just a few footsteps from the famous Port of Havana, which connected the New World to the Old World. Today it is a concert hall. It would be nice to see it and the historic attached monastery given back to Franciscans. It has been owned by the government since 1907. In 1762, the year of the English control over Havana, the British commandeered the church for Anglican services.