This convent has been here since 1490.
The chapel was constructed in 1684.
Imagine that nuns have lived and prayed here on the side of this mountain every day since 1490. The sisters pray in Latin, but speak Italian. They live in cloister.
Even St. Charles Borromeo came here to visit (the sisters even kept some items as relics) as the Duchy of Milan covered this land.
See here: http://www.monasterodiclaro.ch/index.htm.
Ho visitato il convento in luglio 2011.ReplyDelete
Una famiglia di Clro mi ci ha portata.
Era un desiderio che da anni nutrivo.
Fui molto grata.
Nadia von Ballmoos Borioli residenza Stato di New York.