Sunday, July 9, 2017

Church of the Flagellation in Jerusalem

The sacred ground where our blessed Lord was scourged at the pillar.  The Franciscans have a monastery here.  This little chapel is a magnet for pilgrims from all four corners of the world.  Pilgrims can be heard praying in every language under the sun.  The original structure was built by Duke Maximilian Joseph in Bavaria in 1839.

No comments:

Post a Comment