Saturday, March 12, 2011

In Tribute to Thomas A. Nelson of TAN Books and Publishers

As St. Augustine wrote in Book VI: "I have no time for reading. Where am I to look for the books I need?"

As ever, go here for the best of the best: http://www.tanbooks.com/.

T.A.N. was for Thomas A. Nelson - one of the very finest laymen the Church in North America has ever produced. Needless to say, not a few of us are still Catholic because of his efforts. Through a tough era he kept in print some of the most important Catholic volumes ever put together. He is a loyal son of the Church and may the Lord reward him always.

Today TAN has continued to grow and has now moved from its famous address in Rockford, Ill. to Charlotte, North Carolina. Yours truly was honored to visit them in Charlotte last September and good news: the tradition continues. Support them today.

TAN: Thomas A. Nelson and now also Tuum Adoramus Nomen.

5 comments:

  1. I love Tan's publications. The content is great and selected artwork always lifts the mind and heart to the divine. But their binding is often terrible. I don't know what it is. Some books they publish are fine, but usually the pages are falling out within not too long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thankfully they are reprinting tons of books and the new binding is top notch. I work for a bookstore and work with them quite closely, they are a great group of people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,

    I really need to contact Tom Nelson regarding a book that TAN printed for another publisher--One More Soul--in 2003. Can you give me his contact information? Or ask him to contact me?

    Thanks and blesings to you.

    Steve Koob, Director
    One More Soul
    937-626-0027 c
    steve@omsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. After 16 yrs of Catholic education I only started learning about my Catholic faith through TAN books. And I fell in love with Catholicism. May all Catholics rediscover the beauty and treasure of our faith that so many are unaware of. Thank God for TAN books and may God bless Mr. Thomas A Nelson for his evangelization and influence in my life. Ana Alba

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since I was in kindergarten I saw TAN published books on my eldest brother's shelf & desk; & also in bookstore etc. , I had always thought & felt, TAN books are bibles, true God's words; in my growing up yeas. (Well, even the bible can be disputed). Sad to know it had stopped its editorialship/ publication.

    ReplyDelete