Saturday, September 3, 2011

Is It a Waste to Become a Nun?

Hit hardest in the wake of the sexual revolution was the nun.

This is because the new mentality rendered their vocation worthless.

And that is why, in large part, many of the religious congregations went nutty - because they believed that their lives and efforts had come to naught.

30 years before the revolution this is what St. Faustina had to say on the vocation of the sister:

"When a reluctance and a monotony as regards my duties begins to take possession of me, I remind myself that I am in the house of the Lord, where nothing is small and where the glory of the Church and the progress of many a soul depend on this small deed of mine, accomplished in a divinized way. Therefore there is nothing small in a religious congregation."

No comments:

Post a Comment