Monday, June 18, 2012

The Resolution: for Men

Yesterday in church yours truly prayed this resolution along with the other dads present.

Would be nice to see Catholic Men's Groups make this or a similar pledge on Father's Day. We have to do more for our men.

THE RESOLUTION

I DO solemnly resolve before God to take full responsibility for myself, my wife, and my children.

I WILL love them, protect them, serve them, and teach them the Word of God as the spiritual leader of my home.

I WILL be faithful to my wife, to love and honor her, and be willing to lay down my life for her as Jesus Christ did for me.

I WILL bless my children and teach them to love God with all of their hearts, all of their minds, and all of their strength.

I WILL train them to honor authority and live responsibly.

I WILL confront evil, pursue justice, and love mercy.

I WILL pray for others and treat them with kindness, respect, and compassion.

I WILL work diligently to provide for the needs of my family.

I WILL forgive those who have wronged me and reconcile with those I have wronged.

I WILL learn from my mistakes, repent of my sins, and walk with integrity as a man answerable to God.

I WILL seek to honor God, be faithful to His holy Church, obey His Word, and do His will.

I WILL courageously work with the strength God provides to fulfill this resolution for the rest of my life and for His greater glory.


__________________
Signature

__________________
Date

__________________
Witness

__________________
Date

1 comment:

  1. so wonderful
    I am proud of you
    much love
    Mom

    ReplyDelete